People who have lost their teeth may be too self-conscious to smile or speak. Furthermore, biting inconsistencies induced by tooth loss can have a severe impact on eating habits, resulting in secondary health issues such as malnutrition. Dental implants, by replacing missing tooth roots, give clients the power and stability they need to eat all of their favorite foods without difficulty chewing. They also aid to stimulate and preserve jaw bone, avoiding bone loss, and supporting face features.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is used to hold one or more fake teeth in place. It is a titanium screw that can be used to replace a tooth’s root when it fails. It is inserted into the jawbone in the same way that a tooth root is.
Categories of Dental Implants
- Endosteal (in the bone) implants are the most prevalent form of implant. Screws, cylinders, or blades surgically implanted into the jawbone are among the different varieties. Each implant houses one or more replacement teeth. This type of implant is typically used as a replacement for people who have bridges or removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone) implants are placed on top of the jaw, with the posts of the metal framework protruding through the gum to hold the prosthesis. These implants are utilized for patients who are unable to wear traditional dentures and have little bone height.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS?
A candidate for a dental implant should be in good general and oral health. A sufficient amount of bone in your jaw is required to support the implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues free of periodontal disease. Dental implants are inextricably linked to the mouth’s gum tissues and underlying bone. Periodontists are perfect members of your dental implant team because they are the dental professionals who specialize in these areas.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide numerous advantages, including:
- Enhancement of looks- Dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth. They are also permanent since they are engineered to merge with bone.
- Speech enhancement- Poor-fitting dentures can cause teeth to slip within the mouth, leading you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak freely without fear of your teeth slipping.
- Comfort has been enhanced– Implants reduce the discomfort associated with removable dentures since they become a part of you.
- Easier to consume- Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants work similarly to natural teeth, allowing you to consume your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Self-esteem has grown- Dental implants can restore your smile and improve your self-esteem.
We hope you found this article useful in learning more about dental implants. If you’re seeking the greatest dental team to provide dental implant services, come to Timber Dental Care. We provide the best quality Dental Implants in Thornton. We can’t wait to meet you and see your happy face.